Welcome to my 2017 AIDS Walk Greater Dayton Personal Fundraising Page!
Greetings! Thanks for visiting my 2017 AIDS Walk Greater Dayton personal page. I'm excited to be able to support an effort that does such critical work in our community. Thanks to the support of 10 people we have raised $705.00 with 5 days left. Thus, I'm going to the top: $1,000.00 and be a GRAND WALKER! Could you please help by donating $70.00 or more, but whatever is really appreciated. Did you know that 25% of the new HIV cases are between the age of 13 to 24? That's scares me especially since I have a 16 yr. old Grandson. HIV is spread via heterosexual behavior too. So can you please give to help prevent the spread and help those already with HIV and help me reach my new goal.
Here are few statistics:
- In our community a new infection occurs every 22 hours - among the highest rates in the nation. Most of these new infections occur among youth ages 13-29.
- Montgomery County has the fourth highest rate in Ohio for persons known to be living with HIV or AIDS when compared to other major metropolitan areas in the state.
- 22% of the people living with HIV or AIDS in the Dayton metro area are female.
- In the Dayton metro, approximately 72% of persons living with HIV or AIDS are White. 23% are African American and 3% are Hispanic.
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) is a new HIV prevention method that is used to help HIV-negative individuals reduce their risk of becoming infected with the virus by taking a once-daily pill.
The participating AIDS service organizations that benefit from AIDS Walk are at the forefront of providing services to meet the needs of HIV positive individuals in the Miami Valley. Won't you join us in the fight against this disease?
I will be participating in the 2017 AIDS Walk Greater Dayton on Saturday, April 22, 2017. You can show your support by joining my team, making a donation on my page or even just showing up to cheer me on. Every step counts!
My Personal Web Log
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.