Welcome to my 2017 AIDS Walk Greater Toledo Personal Fundraising page!
Thank you for visiting my 2017 AIDS Walk Greater Toledo Personal Fundraising page. I am excited to be able to support an effort that does such critical work in our community.
Here are some reasons why it's important to me to participate:
- I know many individuals and families affected by HIV/AIDS. I am volunteering my time and energy to work towards eradicating HIV/AIDS from our lifetime.
- 15-24 year olds account for 21% of reported persons living with HIV/AIDS in Lucas County while 25-34 year olds account for 32%, 35-44 year olds account for 31%, 45-54 year olds account for 10%, and 55-64 year olds account for 3%. People 65 years of age and older account for <1% of the HIV positive people living in Lucas County.
- Toledo-Lucas County has the fifth highest rate in Ohio for persons known to be living with HIV/AIDS when compared to other major metropolitan areas in the state.
- Young people ages 15-24 in Lucas County accounted for 31% of the 2013 cases of HIV/AIDS. Nationally, and in Lucas County, the number of infections in this age group has significantly and consistently increased over the last five years. Youth of color and young men who have sex with men of all races and ethnicities continue to be at greatest risk.
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) is a new HIV prevention method that is used to help HIV-negative individuals reduce their risk of becoming infected with the virus by taking a once-daily pill.
- As a member of Toledo MPowerment, it is important to me to volunteer through this great organization that provides education, support, resources, and a social outlet for 18 to 29 year-old gay, bisexual, and trans men.
Equitas Health is at the forefront of providing services to meet the needs of HIV positive individuals in Ohio. Won't you join us in the fight against this disease?
I will be running the 5K in the 2017 AIDS Walk Greater Toledo on Saturday, April 29, 2017 at International Park in downtown Toledo. You can show your support by joining my team, making a donation on my page or even just showing up to cheer our team on. Every step counts!
My Personal Web Log
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.