Welcome to my 2017 AIDS Walk Greater Toledo Fundraising page!
Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to donate to the 2017 AIDS Walk Greater Toledo on the behalf of Team Compassion. It has always been dear to my heart to be of service and support to an organization and effort that does such critical work in our community.
Here are some reasons why it's important to me to participate:
• There are more than 1.2 million people living with HIV in the US.
• Almost 1 in 7 don’t know they’re infected.
• About 1 in 4 new HIV infections is among youth ages 13-24.
• There are about 18,000 people living with HIV in OH.
• Since the epidemic began, nearly 648,459 people with AIDS have died in the US.
• An estimated 1 in 16 Black men will become infected with HIV in their lifetime.
• HIV remains the #1 health threat for gay and bisexual men.
Your efforts make it possible for us to:
• Test thousands of people each year for HIV and other STDs.
• Provide life-saving medical care and comprehensive services to those living with an HIV diagnosis (this includes specialized HIV care, primary care, case management, housing assistance, behavioral health, and other services).
• Provide outreach and prevention services to those most vulnerable to HIV infection, such as gay and bisexual men, transgender women, and injection drug users.
• Offer effective, cutting-edge strategies such as pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).
• Give children impacted by HIV/AIDS the opportunity to participate in Camp Sunrise, a summerresidential camp.
• Advocate for fair and effective HIV/AIDS policies at the city, state and federal levels.
I will be participating in the 2017 AIDS Walk Greater Toledo on Saturday, April 29, 2017 at Ottawa Park. You can show your support by joining Team Compassion, donating, or even just showing up to cheer each other on. I look forward to joining you at the Walk this year!
Thank you so much!
My Personal Web Log
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.