Special thanks to Derek Michael Hall for making this video from his past experiences at AIDS Walk Central Ohio!
ABOUT THE WALK:
The 2018 Robert J. Fass AIDS Walk Central Ohio will take place on Saturday, April 14, 2018 in Columbus. This year’s tri-city walk/run/ride is slated to be the largest HIV/AIDS awareness event in Ohio.
Since 1984 over 30,000 people have participated in the Walk and Run, raising millions of dollars for HIV/AIDS prevention and care, saving countless lives and improving the well-being of thousands still living with HIV/AIDS today.
Race day is a family-friendly experience with something for everyone. The 5K walk, 5k run, and 1-mile stroll begin in the Arena District at McFerson Commons and follow the scenic Scioto Trail through downtown Columbus.
The mission of AIDS Walk Central Ohio is to raise awareness and funds for HIV/AIDS service organizations through education and promotional activities leading up to the walk and through the participation of walkers, runners, civic leaders, corporations and community members together in this annual event.
All funds raised through AIDS Walk Central Ohio will specifically benefit HIV/AIDS prevention and healthcare services in Central Ohio.
2018 AIDS WALK CENTRAL OHIO CELEBRITY CHAIR:
Nina West is a national sensation and Columbus’s premier entertainer as a drag queen, actor, comedian, and activist. She was selected as National Entertainer of the Year in 2008 and Columbus Alive’s People to Watch in 2013. She is also a longtime supporter of AIDS Walk Ohio and Equitas Health.
McFerson Commons Park | 218 West St. | Columbus
**NEW THIS YEAR:**
- You can register to walk for only $5 on World AIDS Day (Dec.1)!
- The first 400 people to register will receive a t-shirt included with the cost of registration!
- Out of concern for the health and safety of our participants, we are retiring the AIDS Walk Central Ohio Bar Crawl. Instead, celebrate with your team at a Nina West Special Event in March. Details coming soon!
- You can participate in the 5K run, 5K walk, and 1-mile stroll on race day. The City of Columbus has asked that we discontinue the bike ride due to safety concerns on the road.
- There will be lots of opportunities to win exclusive local prizes as you fundraise. Stay tuned for prize announcements!