Hello Friends and Family,
I have been a supporter of AIDSWalk Central Ohio for over 25 years by raising the needed funds to continue this important work. There has been great progress made over the years, but there is work still to be done. My goal is $4,000.00 for 2019 and with your support I can reach it for this great cause.
Do you know what U=U means? It means we now have the ability—through HIV testing and treatment—to stop HIV in its tracks. Because with routine treatment, people living with HIV can reduce the amount of HIV in their blood until it is undetectable and cannot be transmitted to sexual partners. Undetectable=Untransmittable.
Here’s why your donation—whatever amount you can give—matters to me:
- Nearly 1 in 4 Ohioans don't know their HIV status.
- Knowing makes a difference. Current HIV treatment—sometimes as simple as one pill, once a day—can stop HIV from harming a person’s immune system and make the virus untransmittable to sexual partners.
- This year Equitas Health will reach 67,000 Ohioans with HIV testing, prevention, and education services.
- Equitas Health testing counselors and linkage to care coordinators are specially trained to help people newly-diagnosed with HIV transition to regular treatment.
- Close to 90% of people living with HIV who recieve treatment or case management services at Equitas Health have achieved “undetectable” status, compared with only 47% nationwide.
- I want to be part of the era that stops HIV by ending the stigma and making shame-free testing and treatment accessible to all.
Let’s be part of this game-changing era together.
Your contribution to AIDS Walk Ohio would mean a lot to me and to those living with HIV in Ohio. You can click on the link on my page to pledge your donation online or use my information below to send a check made out to Equitas Health.
I thank you for helping me support a cause that matters so much to me. Your support helps me believe we will actually do it—we will outlive this deadly virus.